Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Change of Plans

On Friday afternoon we packed up to head to a little place we think of as Heaven on Earth for a soccer tournament:





The weather man called for rain all weekend, so we packed extra everything:

Just as we were ready to load the car we got an email saying that they canceled the tournament...bummer!  We had big plans to hang out with some of my dear friends in between games, catch an MSU basketball game, and I heard rumblings about a behind-the-scenes tour of MSU's baseball facilities.  The guys would have loved that.  Oh well!  More time to relax in the recliner, right?  Haha!


February is a big month for birthdays around here!  Our niece turned 7 on Groundhog Day, 2 of our (we call them our) nieces had birthdays yesterday and today, and these 2 also had birthdays today...

That's one of my best friends, Amy. 




That's my dad at the top.  He wanted to be called Pop when Hayden was born, but it doesn't always work out the way you want...he is now "Pock".


Neither one of them turned numbers that end in 0 or 5, so I won't call them out on their ages.  Happy Birthday to the whole bunch of you...we love you all!


A quick story about something that happened a while back:

When Adam and I found out we were having a baby I figured it would be a boy.  I suppose that I am used to boys and just always figured I'd have boys.  We decided early on that we were going to find out the sex of the baby as soon as we could so we could get started on a nursery.  I really wanted a boy.  I know what to do with them, and teenage girls scare me BIG time.

We were at a friend's birthday party a month or so before our sonogram and someone asked me if I wanted a boy or girl.  I said BOY, but I'll be happy with either.  Just for the record...I think Adam wanted a girl.

This friend told me a story that changed everything.  She told me that she always wanted boys and had 2.  Her sister had a girl (and boys too).  She was so thankful for her boys when they were growing up...especially when they were teenagers.  One of her sons is married now and she is close with her daughter-in-law.  She told me though, that now she really wished she had had a daughter too because she sees how close her sister and niece are.  She said that a daughter and a daughter-in-law aren't the same.  Hmmm

That got my wheels spinning for a few weeks and I found myself on the day of the sonogram really hoping for a girl.  HA!

And a quick update on the doctor's visit from this week...Battley's heartbeat was good and strong.  146!  It was a quick trip.  Thank you for all your prayers this week...keep em coming!

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment