Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Good News

I don't have official good news from the doctor just yet, but it seems like B is feeling better!  She hasn't had a fever in over 24 hours!

We had a little change of plans yesterday.  Our pediatrician was out so we went straight to the Children's Hospital where our Palliative Care doc sees patients.  His amazing nurse was able to draw blood on the first stick!  So that is off for a blood count check and a blood culture.  Hopefully we should know some results later today.  Then we hung around for a while until we could get in for an echo.  Our doc didn't read it right away so we will hear official results later today.  The lady who did the ultrasound didn't see any infection and the doc who gave it a glance (not our regular doc) didn't see any obvious signs! 

So now I have to brag on my gal...we have read and been told that she may not know the world is going on around her...well that is so NOT the case obviously!  She is always showing me just how smart she is and yesterday was a good one!  B has literally been stuck for a shot, finger prick, or to draw blood over 10 times in a little over a week.  As soon as I laid her on the table in the exam room she knew what was coming and started screaming!  What kind of sicko is delighted to hear her baby screaming...ME!  Also remember she couldn't scream when she was born...didn't have the strength for it...so we still get a kick out of it for that reason too.  She knew exactly what was coming.  She did it again in the echo room until I told her we weren't going to stick her.  Ugh...love her!

I will try to post an update as soon as I hear something.

C

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with you guys all the way down here on the coast! Love you guys. -Joey

    ReplyDelete