Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

42 weeks

42 weeks!  Oh my gosh...that's 10 away from 1 year old!  Whoa...that literally just occurred to me!

I have some new news...it's HUGE!  Really HUGE!  We have known about it for a week or two.  It's very bittersweet for us to share this.  Before I share what it is, let me go back and tell something else...

My friend that I met after we found out about B's diagnosis walked me through everything she and her family decided for their daughter.  We prayed about every decision and decided to bring Battley home with Hospice care like she and her family did.  If you are like me and don't really know what it is, it is a very interesting concept and approach to accepting the end of life and dealing with it in a peaceful way.  Check it out on Wikipedia: Hospice

So at 5 days old we were still in the hospital with B and preparing to come home.  Someone from our hospice company came to fill out paperwork.  Let me remind you that we were OVERWHELMED with everything going on and simply trying to take it all in and enjoy our time.  I was presented with papers to sign...still not fully aware of what all hospice was truly about.  Then it was time for THE PAPER (do you like how I do all caps to make it more dramatic?).  I was told to sign this piece of paper and not to date it.  I asked what it was...it was the piece of paper to discontinue services.  Without thinking I said something like, "Gosh...I pray I can sign this someday".  My comment was met with (I do NOT claim to remember exact words) "Oh honey...why would you want that?" (or something to that effect).  If you don't know me, let me just tell you what I was thinking...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I'm sure some readers are thinking "how rude!" but not me.  The person who said this didn't mean anything ugly I do not believe.  Let's put a pin in that for a sec...
 
We are being discharged from Hospice this week!

We are overjoyed that Battley is doing so well and we can finally see a future with her...it's truly awesome news!  But...you all know how much we love our Rosa!  We have 100% just enjoyed getting to know everyone who is with our hospice company.  They will all be missed dearly!  (Obviously the people we love so are the "Bitter" part about this great news being bittersweet)

Back to the comment for a second...isn't it just like us to accept what statistics say and loose hope?  To think we as humans have all the answers?  To not think, believe, and know that miracles happen every day?  It sure was a reminder to me that I am NOT in control!

So, on to a new chapter in our lives...

C

2 comments: