Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Dinner Table

Do you love getting the mail?  I do.  Most of the time there is nothing but bills in there, but I still love the possibility that there may be something good in the mailbox.

We have received quite a few prayer letters from all over.  Have you ever seen one of these?  I haven't until a few months ago.  Prayer groups meet to pray and then they send a letter that the whole group has signed just so you know you were prayed for.  How touching to know that total strangers have and are praying for Battley!  I have no idea how these people from all over the state know us, but I want to thank YOU for passing our names on for prayer.  The Lord has healed so many things for her already, and we have hope that He isn't finished!


I go to the post office at least once a week to mail a package for work.  They had these little jewels the other day.  I think they are beautiful.



Later that day Adam and I were chatting on the phone and I told him they were the highlight of my day.  I've been having issues with my phone and was super frustrated with a certain phone carrier, so stamps were making me happy for the moment.

Now stamps weren't really my "high" for the day.  It just made me think that we sometimes play High/Low at the dinner table.  It's a fun conversation starter.  Oh, and let me rephrase that...we don't eat at the dinner table most nights unless it's in a restaurant.  Sometimes we sit at the bar or in the den...and you already know we eat in the car on the go a lot too.  Adam and I both grew up eating dinner every night around the table, but we figure as long as we eat together it doesn't matter where it is.

It goes something like this...
My highs for the past week:
* dragon stamps with the colors and gold
* Hayden plays this game on my iPad called MineCraft...it's basically a virtual lego set.  He built me an MEA (our local medical clinic that runs ads on tv nonstop) last week when I was sick and a spa this week when I felt better.  Side Note: he was really hunting for things to build...he already has an indoor basketball court, a football stadium, a tennis court, soccer field, pool, and so on...





You have to enter the Spa from the side...it's very exclusive!  haha!

* Chocolate cake
* Dinner out with my best friends and their hubbys
* I put the 4d ***ADD Moment: Why do they call it 4d?  What's the 4th dimension?*** sonogram pic in a frame and can check it out everytime I walk by now.



My low for the past week:
* I stopped at a McDonald's to get a hot chocolate and came very close to a mental meltdown in the drive thru...this lady got out of her car smoking a cig and when she came around the back of the car she was obviously very close to 9 months pregnant.  I could go on about this for 5 more paragraphs, but I won't.
Gotta throw in another high after that one:
* my phone (work email was really the issue) is back up and running...felt lost without it 

Then we have another one we do sometimes that Adam learned from a friend growing up...

Where did you see Jesus today?
(sometimes ours are really great stories...sometimes it's as simple as stopping to notice the sun shining)
* I have a close friend going through a rough time.  She has been down for a week or two, but when I talked to her today she was very upbeat and it was good to hear some cheer in her voice!

Feel free to share yours below in the comments if you want to.  Maybe you and your family can have some fun with these too.

C

Hayden asked me to throw in these other 2: the grocery store and the ice cream parlor


No comments:

Post a Comment