Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

6 days old!

Whew...what a day!  I'm again blogging from home...and I have the sweetest angel on my lap!

We had a great night again last night...we both got SOME sleep!  We didn't do the best job planning our morning though...we both ended up with about 10 mins to get out the door and realized neither of us had had a shower.  Maybe we'll do better next time...oh well!

Doc appt 1: The cardiologist
To be quite frank about it, her VSD is large.  The doc wants to see her back in 3 weeks to put her on some medicine.  It will probably be 2 meds to keep the blood flowing the right way.  If the meds work and we get to 6 months or so we will look at putting a band in to stop the backwards blood flow.  There is a doc who will do this in Jackson.  It would be a big surgery...we will just be praying in the mean time and cross that bridge when we get there.  Good news: her heart condition is not life threatening at this point...it could become so in weeks though without meds...and they aren't guaranteed to work...sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I hope you will forgive my lack of proper punctuation...just trying to get an update out quickly.

Doc appt 2: The pediatrician
This appt was simple.  The doc is wonderful...she is very familiar with T18.  She is just there for us if we need something and will write orders for hospice.

Tomorrow we have nothing to do and will spend the day relaxing at home and just enjoying Battley.  I also hope to get camera pics going so we can share more.

This came yesterday...can you believe how tiny it is?  It's so cute!

Battley checking out her bassinet right after we got home:

Now...if you fall into one of the following categories please discontinue reading HERE:
* you are a male
* you still have an ounce of respect for me
* you are under the age of 18
* you get grossed out easily
okay...I trust you...you've been warned if you choose to go further!

We didn't have time to make it home during appts so I had to pump while we were out.  Adam parked the car down a street that had no cars and I did my thing.  I was in the back and the windows are tinted.  We were laughing because most folks who "go parking" do so for different reasons.  Adam said, "so this is what adult parking is."  I just thought that was too funny!

C

4 comments:

  1. I still have tons of respect for you and I had wondered just what you would do about that. Guess you figured that out. she is such a little doll. god hwlp her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, breastfeeding that sweet baby makes me have SO much MORE respect for you. We nursing moms need to stick together!
    Praying that the meds work for sweet Battley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I started back to work with McKinley I was still pumping. My territory was too huge to make pit stops to pump during the day. I had to do it when I had a decent drive time between cities...while I was driving. I kept a small blanket in the car to cover up when I passed 18 wheelers. I've since learned that this is a common practice among sales reps. I should also mention that I no longer work for the same company or I wouldn't be making this public knowledge since my current employer need not worry that I will be repeating this practice likely ever again. You do what you gotta do:)
    I almost forgot to mention that my manager rode with me one day during this time. I had to kindly ask him to exit the vehicle and eat lunch alone while I left to find a side street of my own. Talk about awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - I totally understand this.... you pump wherever and whenever you can!! I'm so happy and proud for you that she is doing so well and that you are breastfeeding her. So many good things come out of that for your baby AND you!! She is absolutely a tiny little miracle, and I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete