Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

ONE

Battley is ONE!  One year of bliss with our tiny princess!

This week has been very emotional.  I've been thinking over the past year and a half...thinking about what it was like to be so excited about a new baby, the heartbreak of learning there may be something wrong, the anxious anticipation of waiting for test results, the prayer...oh, the prayer, the results...the devastating results, the gift from God of a better attitude and HOPE, the new friends, the planning, the praying...did I say that already?, the sleepless nights, bonding with B while she was in my belly, then the day came...the day of her birth.

The doctors, the nurses (oh these wonderful people), the photographer, the LDP, the room, the anesthesiologist, Dr G, the moment I saw my precious girl for the first time!...there was nothing like that.

I'll be honest...the rest of that day was fuzzy.  I remember bits and pieces.

Then the WILDEST ride I could not have ever imagined happened!  

We decided a long time ago that Battley belonged to Jesus.  We were going to accept and enjoy whatever time we had with her.  

This has been a wonderful year.  I wish I had the time to sit and write thank yous to each one of you who have walked this journey with us.  Adam and I could not have done this alone.  We thank God for putting each of you in our lives.  

This post is a jumble of emotions, I know...it may take me a few days to come off this roller coaster.  

I know I said I would post each day of birthday week...it was just too much...sorry!  We had a blast doing something special each day.  B is actually still sleeping bc of all the fun this week!  

Birthday party tomorrow...see you there!

C

3 comments:

  1. I was never sure today would make it, Catherine. I didn't even realize it was today until mom told me this morning on our way to the surgeon, but I knew it was getting close. The strength you've shown this past year has been amazing to see. I don't say it often, or ever, but you really are a pretty awesome sister and I pray constantly for you and the little one. I hope next year finds both of you doing even better. I love you. -Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate I missed the actual day, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY BATTLEY!!! I am SO blessed to know you and your mom! I love the post, Catherine. It describes perfectly looking back at a devastating prenatal diagnosis. Those memories will always be there, but so will be memories of AFTER! What a blessing to celebrate Battley's life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your blog, your family and your baby are so sweet. I was searching for a meme to show my husband and for some reason, your blog came up in the results. :-) there is another family I follow whose son was Ron with Trisomy 18. He is over 2 months old now. I love your story. Praying for the new life you carry. How amazing! That Ron should be born. It's to letting me correct it.

    ReplyDelete