Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Palliative Care

Miss B and I have been BUSY.  Her birthday party was great!  I want to blog about it and share some pics, but that will have to wait for a day we have more time.

You have all heard/read me talk about B's WONDERFUL doctor before.  We totally adore him and his team.  I wanted to share an article about their team.


This was written back in 2011, but it is a quick look into what the Palliative care team does.  They have been a lifesaver for us.  Adam and I often say that we feel like we have been to therapy after we have an appt.  It's SO much more than a doctor who is in and out in 5 minutes.  These people get to know you...get to know your family...and are there for it all!

I've been on Facebook and seen what some parents have to go through to get simple care for their children with T18.  It's not pretty.  Of course the palliative care team sees many other types of cases, but t18 is what I know.  We are SO blessed to have found this type of care for Battley.  This team supports our decisions, and I truly consider them friends.

They are in the running for a $10k grant.  Please take a moment to vote for them.  It's a vote for Battley and a vote for Mississippi!  It's a one time vote.


Click on Palliative Care

Then Blair E Batson Hospital in Jackson, MS

THANK YOU!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment