Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

8...EIGHT Months

Not only did we give thanks for all our many blessings yesterday...we also got to celebrate 8 months with Battley Cate!

The past few weeks have been hard. I am NOT complaining but simply being honest. We have had lots of spit up (it's not really any better) which upsets B and of course we don't want her to be upset, little to no sleep which affects everything, and the soon to be real need to sell our home. This sounds very materialistic, but it's more of the fear of leaving the place we have made all our memories with B.

All week I have been thinking of and focusing on our blessings instead. They far outweigh any of the above issues. God has been so good to us to allow us all this time with our gal! It seems Thanksgiving came at just the right time for me.

Here's B in her turkey day outfit...whipped up the day before by none other than Amy...yes, she did the turkey and the monogramming:



And doing some stretching:


I haven't shared much lately about Battley's medical condition. It is for a few reasons: One...I would rather focus on the joy of having her here with us and all her accomplishments and Two...I cannot handle the advice sharing seems to invite (maybe this is due to lack of sleep...maybe not). I really want this blog to be real so I will try to share a little more.

We had a good doctor's appointment on Monday. The doc thinks she is doing "well" and that we "may have some more time". This is incredibly exciting for us, but I have to live in a balanced world of reality and hope. It's just because I know myself and how carried away I can get with exciting news. So...this was just an appt with her regular doctor. We are planning a return visit to see her cardiologist very soon. We haven't seen her in a few months. This will give us an accurate picture of how her heart is actually doing. After that we are planning a trip to see a gastrointestinal doc to look at ditching the NG tube (tube in her nose) for a G tube (would be placed on her stomach). There is a small chance this could be done without her being put to sleep now that she is bigger...we would definitely consider doing this soon if so. Side note: she is 9lbs-10oz.

As for a surgery decision....I know I have left a lot of you in the dark on this if you haven't asked...Adam and I pray about the right decision every day. We want to make the right decision for Battley...not for Adam and C. If it was for us we would have already done it. We do not have a peace about either decision, but are thankful for the time we seem to have to keep praying and waiting on peace. I know lots of people have opinions about this, but I promise you that you cannot say what you would do unless you have walked our path.

Okay...I don't want to be ugly and I hope that none of that came out that way. I will make an excuse for myself here and just say that I'm trying to share but words aren't coming easily to me...sooooo tired!

Here's a pic of B in her first tutu that Betty gave her:


Now...I have to get to work plotting how to get B to sleep at night. We are considering cutting out the 3am feeding again since we are up at that time anyways and mix it with waking her up in the morning...ahhhhhhh...I feel bad for even saying those words.

Happy Pink Friday
C

Oh yeah...we renamed today Pink Friday at our house. Why you ask??? Because last year on black Friday we were planning for losing B and it felt very black. This year feels very pink and sparkly!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are such good parents and no one can make decisions for Battley, and H, and C, and A except for you guys. Keep asking for prayer specifically where you need it and we will all gladly oblige.

    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete