Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

44 weeks

What a day!  We started the day bright and early with a therapy evaluation.  I can't tell you how excited I am to start working with someone who knows what they are doing!  B and I do her "stretches" every day, but these ladies (a physical therapist, occupational therapist, and a speech therapist) worked Battley HARD!  She was SO tired when we left.

I sent this video to a friend with the title "Battley chewing bubble gum" a few days ago...I think it got passed around and some of you thought she was actually chewing gum!  She's not.  It does show her chewing action which is SUPER awesome because it means she wants to be chewing food.  Hopefully we will get to work on that in the near future.

We have a doc appt on Monday morning.  I have a long list of topics to talk about with our doc.  Right before our doc appt, B is having a swallow test.  This should be exciting to see if she can SAFELY have any food in her mouth now.  We expect that we will have her palette corrected in the future...which is a topic on the list.

Then next Friday we have our GI appt!!!  Woo-hoo...C doing some more cartwheels!  I am hopeful that we will get some answers and a date for a gtube.

Had to post a little video of H and how far he has come since his surgery...maybe I will post a post-surgery-all-drugged-up video first:

I have lots of these..this was HOURS after surgery on the way home!

And yesterday...he's been working SO hard:

And today is also someone VERY special's birthday....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MEANO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
...
AND MAAANNNNYYYY MOOOORRRREEEE!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment