Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

45 weeks

I will be a little early this week instead of a little late!  We will celebrate 45 weeks with Battley tomorrow!

There are LOTS of exciting things going on around here!  I'm a list maker so we will just do a list:

* We ALL made it to church last week!  It went really well!  Next goal: Bible Study and church...stay tuned.  Not only did we do that, we went to eat lunch together IN A RESTAURANT after church!  It wasn't a first, but it is a big deal since we have only done it once or twice.  

B in her big girl bow all ready to go...pics taken 5 minutes before she spit up and 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave...haha! 

* Our doc appt on Monday: wonderful!  

We are going to see a plastic surgeon about correcting her cleft palette.  As I am writing this I just got an appt text...it's at the end of Feb!

We are weaning off another medicine!  She's been off half of her phenobarbital since Monday and is doing fine so far...BUT not only is she not showing signs of a seizure, she is so super alert and happy!  Please pray that we are able to ditch this one all together and don't have to worry about seizures!  

She did a barium swallow test.  I didn't really know what to expect.  We went to the xray room and they sat her in the cutest chair...
Then they FED her off a SPOON!  What!  A SPOON!  It was so cool to watch:
She swallowed a small amount and spit the rest out.  This was good, but the best part is that she didn't choke or aspirate!  So...we have some work to do on the therapy side and will do this test again in the future!  Yay!
I commented on what a great seat this was for her.  Guess what...they ordered us one!  I am super excited to get it...it's apparently called a feeder chair.  I have more research to do.

* We still have our GI appt on Friday.  I am VERY ready for it.  Some days when B is having issues going to the bathroom and spitting up I just feel so helpless and sometimes I cry.  It's hard to watch her be in pain when I can't help.  PLEASE pray we get some answers Friday.  Thank YOU!

* We have been doing our home therapy twice a day while we wait to be actually accepted into the place we are going to do therapy every week.  We will of course continue to do this after we start but we are getting excited!  It shouldn't be long.  Battley likes the exercises she does.  She even held some toys this morning and put one in her mouth.  This is actually something on the list they ask about her doing.  Last week I had to say she hadn't done it!  Yayyyy!  I almost hit my head running for my camera to get this pic.

* I am always asked "what can I do" and I never know what to say...I thought of something!  The only thing that is really hard for me to do with Battley is shop anywhere that you would use a cart.  I prefer to leave her in her stroller (germ free bubble area) especially since it is flu season.  When I have H it's easy, but we don't do any big store trips together now that he is on crutches.  SO...I need shopping help!  I don't "shop" anymore...what I mean is browse any stores.  I go...I see what I need...I get it...DONE!  So all I need help doing is locating these items so I can go get them!

rings like the ones in the pic above with some thickness to them (better for grabbing)
a rattle that is super light weight

That's it for now, but I'll post more if I need something else!  Thank YOU!

* House update: we have painted, re-caulked, cleaned grout, organized, cleaned, packed up, put away, thrown away, and "staged" the house!  Here's Amy helping me clean the grout!  She's the best!  We actually used her steam cleaner, but this was a Pinterest test...it worked.  Only in our house would you use an old syringe to do house work!  haha!
So, we were all geared up to SELL and we decided to run the numbers one more time...long story short: you will NOT see a for sale sign in our yard!  We are staying!  Re-financing!  We close this week. 

* In addition to our therapy and of course all the other stuff, we have 2 goals every day:
1.  go on a walk
2.  get B to nap in her crib...she has always been a cat napper...you know 15 min naps here and there.  Well...no more!  We are doing well so far.  It's not at the same time each day, but we have been doing well with this.

About the stroller...we have a jogging stroller that has to be returned.  I kept noticing the front wheel wobbling and asked Adam to fix it.  He had me drive past the house 15 times so he could see it.  I really think he just wanted the neighbors to have a good laugh.  Of course it would never do it when he was watching.  Last weekend I sent him this:
So...we haven't accomplished #1 for a few days now.  It will be swapped this weekend!

* I have a new friend with a daughter that attends a day school (for kiddos age birth through 6 years that have special learning needs).  I don't have much info just yet, but we are going for a tour to see if Battley would benefit from going there in the future.  The waiting list is long (they told me 3 years this morning), but as you know when God wants something to happen He makes it happen.  This is going on my prayer list NOW. 

I'll leave you with a pic of B working on her head control...sheesh, she is cute!
C


2 comments:

  1. This is an AWESOME post full of wonderful news! I will start praying now that Battley will get into TLLH sooner than later! And I'll be on the look out for some thicker rings, and I think I know where to get a really light weight rattle. I'll let you know! It was great seeing you both today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, I just wanted to "like" all the way through. What a joy to see this unfolding!

    ReplyDelete