Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Blog Takeover!

I told Catherine yesterday that could update the blog today after surgery, but I guess I missed the memo that she was accepting. Oops. Well, I still have my access to the blog from the day Battley was born, but after today Catherine may revoke my privilege!!

First, I have set up a site for meals for the family while Battley recovers. If you would like to drop a meal just pick a spot at www.takethemameal.com. Recipient last name: Terhune    Password: Battley

Now, onto my real purpose for this post. I joined Catherine and Battley the other day for Speech Therapy. It was so cool to watch the therapist working with her, and I can't wait to see Battley in action at PT one day. Well, I think I was meant to be at that appointment on that day. The therapist was showing Catherine some equipment that they should consider purchasing for their home. She suggested Catherine set up an Amazon.com wish list to share with family and friends. She said family and friends will want to know what to get Battley for her birthday and this will be equipment that will be great to have at home, but it's going to be expensive to try to buy it all yourself.  Catherine proceeded to take out her phone and start taking pictures of everything to go home and research it herself. Her response (no surprise to anyone who has known her long, and I'm sure many of you can hear it now...she said it in a very shocked voice like the therapist had suggested she make a Christmas wish list of luxury items for herself to send to total strangers), "oh my goodness!!! I would never do something like that! We already had a six month party with presents, and everyone has given us too much already!!!" Sometimes you need friends to protect you from your own self so that's where I'm stepping in. I asked ST, PT, and OT to put together a wish list of therapy items for B to have at home.  I set up an Amazon wish list under Adam's email address. Some of the items are more expensive than others. I put them on the wish list anyway because you can also purchase an Amazon gift card online to send to Battley to put toward a larger item. Keep checking back because I'm still waiting on the list from OT, and I may convince C to tell me some things B needs. I added a few pieces of clothing as examples. Battley will need 2 piece outfits, snap up or zip up the front onesies to have easy access to her G-tube, but I think clothing is a lower priority. Catherine loves surprises, but it is safe to say this is not the kind of surprise she is into. She may kill me, but we have been friends long enough she will have to forgive me. Besides, I'm leaving on Sunday to go out of town for a week!! Haaaahaaaahaaaa!!!!!
Www.amazon.com
Far right "Wish List"
"Find a wish list or Registry"
Search by "Adam Terhune" or "Adam.terhune@gmail.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment