Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Guess what

Guess what...I just realized that B will be 1 in 17 days...wow!

I just wanted to share this b/c it's cute and totally my kind of thinking...
The gtube needs something around it in case it leaks.  The leaking can cause irritation to the skin.  Most folks use gauze and tape...so I've been told.  I found a tutorial on Pinterest for a cotton "button buddy" with a snap or velcro.  They can be made of different materials and thrown in the washer.  This will keep us from using tape on B's skin.  My mom whipped up a few prototypes this weekend.  We haven't used them yet.  Then I was looking around on the internet yesterday when B was napping to try to keep myself awake.  I found the cutest site: www.tubiewhoobies.com  They have gtube pad shapes...how cute!  I  had to order a few.  I love their philosophy...it's so us:
Tubie Whoobies is about embracing what you have and living to the best of your abilities, not being embarrassed or hiding your differences.  We make different products to add function, fashion, and fun to people who do things differently.

So it's Tuesday afternoon around 4pm.  We started our feedings about 2 hours ago.  So far...so good!  We will increase them every 4 hours if all goes well!

It is time for us to get a different feeding pump.  I am NOT good with change...do I get points for knowing this and admitting it?  I have done research for a few weeks so that we don't get one and then find out there is a better one out there.  There are really 2 basic pumps on the market....that I have found.  The Kangaroo Joey and the Infinity.  If I am wrong, please correct me now!  I selected the Infinity.  I selected this particular pump because it's more portable than the Kangaroo.  The Kangaroo has to have a bag hang above the pump.  It has a backpack...but no thanks!  The Infinity can just be tossed in the front of the stroller like we do now or in the diaper bag...no worrying about the bag of milk being above the pump.

We arranged for the pump to be delivered today so that we can practice before we go home with it.  Guess what...it's been discontinued!  What?!?!?!?!  Argh!  Change on top of change...grrrrr!

So they brought us a Kangaroo Joey pump to try.  I will get over it, but I had to have my 30 mins to grumble.  Now, as my mother says, CHIN UP...DRIVE ON!

I can't remember if I told this before...the reason I have an aversion to the Kangaroo is that the guy who first demonstrated it for us the day we came home had never operated one before.  He couldn't answer any of my questions and he actually thought it was okay to have me waste about an ounce of breast milk each day!!  NOT okay!  We laugh about this now...it took a while!  And that whole story turned out okay b/c my awesome friend (LDP) came to the rescue with a pump for us!  We are eternally indebted to her!

B is resting now.  She is feeling a little better this afternoon.  Yay!

C




No comments:

Post a Comment