Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

8 week B day

We woke up singing Happy Birthday today! Gosh...8 weeks...WOW!

What's been going on around here? How about a list:
* B has gained a whole pound...she was 4lbs-15oz when we weighed her last night!

* H is now officially taller than me...we had a big contest a week ago, and I'm just now coming to grips with it

* H has awards day at school today...pics to come

* B has been sleeping all night. We haven't...there was a diaper incident one night and last night her tube got clogged or something. The pump kept stopping, and it took both of us to get it figured out.

* The pugs went on a mini vacay today. Our good friend Amy took them to the vet this morning to get their nails clipped. Side story: when we lived in VA, we were trying to pay off some debt and needed every penny we made to make it happen. It was tight, and we had nothing to spare...nothing! After trying to clip Zeke's nails a few times (he made horrible alien noises and scratched us) we decided to part with the $14 to have someone do it. $14 was a big deal but worth it!

* So many of you have brought food that we haven't had to cook dinner but once or twice in 8 weeks! We appreciate this so much! Not only was the food great, but we got some new recipes to add to our rotation. Now...if you know me well, you know I like to bake but not cook. Adam does most of the cooking around here unless we have company. I actually cooked something yesterday! It was a roast for roast beef sandwiches. I didn't plan well because it wasn't done until 11pm, but it's done and delicious! My friend Abbey and her mom made this for us before, and I couldn't wait to have it again. Abbey came over and helped me get it going, but I am good for next time.

* I am crazy about this salad that Michelle made for us too...we have had it a few times and just grill some chicken to go with it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crunchy-romaine-strawberry-salad/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=strawberry%20romaine%20salad&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

* We are going to celebrate 8 weeks tonight...not sure how yet, but it won't be with this. LOL!



C

1 comment: