Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Roundup

Hayden had a soccer tournament in Hattiesburg (2 hours South of where we live) this past weekend.  We reserved our hotel room a while ago and didn't think about it again.  This past week we decided that there is nothing we can't do in a hotel room that we can do at home...so we loaded up the ole car...and I do mean LOADED up the car and went for it.  My mom went with us.  We needed all the room in the back so the 3rd row had to lay flat.  It was TIGHT!

On the way down, Battley had a feeding in the car that didn't sit well with her.  Before we made it to the first game her tube was out!  So we sat through the 1st game with no tube.  

Tube went right in once we got to a clean place to put one in.  That wasn't the only mishap over the weekend...my mom SMASHED her finger in the hotel room door!  She took 2 tylenol and a beverage for it...it's purple and swollen, but she will be okay.  It was smooth sailing after that...

The team won both games on Saturday!!

B slept great all night that night...I was worried because my mom was in the room with us and H had to play another game the next day.  My mom and I were even able to sneak off to Secret Target for a few on Sunday morning!

Sunday's game was a little different.  Apparently the referees called the game after 30 mins instead of 35.  The guys lost by one goal.  Boo!  That meant we finished around 1 and didn't get to play at 4.  We actually went to a real restaurant before we left town!

This is how Adam looked after the game:
 This is what Hayden did after the game:
He was so proud...Adam hid by the baby!
Meem and her grandbabies:
We made it home in time to read a new book on the back porch...B napped:
Now, back to Secret Target for just a second...I found this little plastic pink flamingo in the dollar bin.  I got him to go in a flower pot on the back porch...remember B's pic by the Flamingo on the hay bail?  Well...this is Mac's response my idea:
And a pic of my other furry baby:
Okay...I need help!  We decided our next mission would be to find B a swimsuit and a pool floatie with some shade.  I kid you not...30 mins after I said this out loud Amy shows up to my house with 4 swimsuits to pick from!!  You will have to help me decide which one!  The two in the middle look kinda plain, but they can both be monogrammed to be cuter!
These are all from Sweet Dreams in Madison...they let Amy have them on loan while we decide!  Aren't they awesome!

We saw the palliative care doc this morning at UMC...I will have to post about that tomorrow...there is a gal that needs some Momma holding!

Oh, and a few of you asked...the pic of burned food from the other night was flour tortillas courtesy of Mary Ann!  Her sweet Momma made her dinner the next night!

C

4 comments:

  1. Far right pink tutu style....LOVE IT! And just curious, what kind of beverage did Meem have? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swin suit: The duck, of course! Really that is adorable. yes, Meem, what was that "Beverage?" Love the flamingo, aren't those dogs worth it all? Glad you enjoyed the weekend and sorry Adam, bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I personally love the pink and green :) you can't go wrong!!

    ReplyDelete