Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

40 weeks a few days late

We are still here!  I figured it's time to blog since you are all texting that you are worried about us...haha!  B was 40 weeks last Thursday.  Not too much has happened in the past week.  Here's a little recap:

* H started physical therapy.  For now he will go 3 days a week.  He is doing really well and is semi mobile again.  The first 3 days after surgery were pretty rough.  He will be on crutches for another 2-3 weeks and then have 1 crutch for a few weeks.  Other than him tiring easily, he is good!
* B is up to 10lb-4oz.  She did weigh more, but the spit up has been keeping her from gaining for a few days.  I am beyond frustrated with not having a solution at this point.  We don't even have an appointment to see a doc about it yet. 
* Part of the reason, besides taking care of 2 kiddos, that I haven't blogged is that we are getting our house ready to sell.  We thought it would take a few days, but everything takes us longer.  It's a big project!
* We had a very nice Christmas.  We stayed home and had my parents over.  

I do have 2 exciting things to share:
1.  Battley is getting her own ROOM!  It's been a work in progress for a few weeks.  I kept Hayden's old crib in storage at my parents, but we lost the hardware.  It took a few trips to the hardware store and the Play Pen to make it work, but Battley has her own bed now!!!  She hasn't slept in it yet, but it is ready for her.  We probably won't move her until she doesn't have her NG tube anymore.  We are still working on the room...I'll work on a pic to post of the progress.
2.  Battley laughed!  She has been doing it for a few days.  I didn't notice at first b/c it was so subtle. Remember she just got strong enough to cough and scream...and boy can she scream now.  It's so nice to hear believe it or not.  But the laugh...oh my goodness!!!!!!!  It is something I never dreamed we would get to hear from her!  It's so cute!

Current projects:
* getting the house ready to sell...currently trying to figure out what color paint buckets contain the paint we need for the hallway and trim so we can have more mixed
* rehabbing H's knee...he has exercises he does 4x per day that he needs help with
* trying to figure out how to start therapy with Battley...another frustration b/c this isn't easily done or else I just can't figure it out
* finishing B's room
* finishing my Christmas shopping...that's right...with everything going on I didn't have enough time to get it all complete!  Some folks are getting happy new year gifts!  or happy mid-jan gifts!  haha!

C

1 comment: