Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Big News

I've kind of left one subject hanging for a few weeks.  We weren't too sure what was going to happen and were just trying to live on faith.  MY JOB.  If you don't know, I am a sales rep.  And if you didn't know that then you didn't know I LOVE MY JOB!  Not many people can say that.  The company I work for is a family owned, Christian led, wonderful place to work.  I worked hard to get this job and really treasure it.

Since Battley was born, my company has allowed me to work from home and do what is possible thinking that I would return to work (let's just call it what it is) when Battley was gone from this Earth.  It was my one thing to look forward to in what we were told would be our darkest time ever.  Obviously we have been blessed beyond our dreams with more time with her.  This business is not a work from home business...it needs a person out there making face to face calls.
 
Battley obviously isn't a candidate for daycare (not that we would ever take her to one if she were) and a nurse is too expensive.  So, the time has come for me to move on to my gig as momma full time.  This is a HUGE leap of faith for us financially.  Going from 2 incomes to 1 with a child who needs lots of medical care and one that will be in college (excuse me while I cry for a few...totally not ready for this) in 4 years is wild.  We have prayed and prayed about this and this is what we feel like is right for us.  So...I was watching tv last week and heard a woman say this...it fits me perfectly: when people ask me what I do from now on...

DOMESTIC GODDESS

I am pretty sure that includes it ALL.  haha!

On a serious note, if you are my customer: keep calling...I'm not gone yet!  I have appreciated your support, business, love, and prayers.  I know my replacement personally and you will LOVE HER!  I do!

I hope that you will all support her in her new role and also support the company that has shown my family so much love and that they truly walk the walk that they talk about!

If you're not my customer and need some carpet for your office or commercial space...I know the perfect company to support you too!  They sell worldwide!

And just for math's sake that is 3 months of family medical leave + 9 months of work from home and do what you can time that = a YEAR of a commitment to my family.  I am in AWE!  How many businesses would do that?

I would be lying if I said that this wasn't hard.  It's very scary for me to leave the working world.  Here I go with that leap of faith thing again!  Of course when you look at the big picture this is all very easy since I get to hang out with someone as great as B!

C

1 comment:

  1. Your life is a leap of faith. Keep leaping girl! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete