Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Update

We just got home and settled from our 3rd shot of Rocephin.  Here is what we do know:
* her blood count was up to 33000 again so there is some type of illness
* blood culture is negative so far for bacteria growth
* she still feels poorly
* fevers are trending downward overall...this is good news and hopefully will continue

So...
* we are going to go the weekend with no antibiotics and recheck her blood again Monday
* we are going to get a heart echo on Monday to make sure there is no infection in the heart.  If this is the cause of the fever, we will for sure have to treat very aggressively in the hospital with antibiotics.

I am just praying that this is going to be one of those unknown illnesses because she gets better this weekend and we don't have to keep digging.

All of this medicine has upset her tummy pretty badly so we have some probiotics going to get her gut back on track now.

Thank you all for your calls, texts, emails, and prayers!  I had a little meltdown yesterday when I heard something that scared me (with a few preggo hormones thrown in), but our awesome doc called and calmed me down.  Please keep the prayers going up for my gal!

Y'all are sweet for asking about the baby...Mr Baby Terhune will be here around the first of November.  I will have a c-section since I had one with B.  He is doing great...just moving and kicking all the time.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment