Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's a Small World

This time last year we were at Disney World.  I made Hayden and Adam ride It's a Small World.  It was my favorite ride when I went as a child.  One of them complained the whole time, but I think he secretly liked that his Momma made him ride her ride.

All that was just about the title...it was random, I know!

But seriously...it IS a small world.

My mom's cousin posted this in the comments the other day:

Catherine & Adam, I'm sitting in my den in Atlanta with one of my dearest friends who is visiting from Louisville. She's been praying for you since before Battley was born because she knows your sweet friend Sarah Triplett Hill who is in her church. How we discovered this, I'm not sure, but both our jaws dropped to our shoes. What a God story!! Her name is Ann Llewelyn, and you couldn't ask for a more faithful prayer warrior. Much love!!

Okay, I am sorry for just calling your names out like that, but I just had to share that...how cool!  Adam and I are amazed how many people who don't even know us are praying for us...truly heart warming.

Quick weekend update...gosh, it's Sunday night and I don't remember much of the weekend at all.  We didn't do very much because it is in the 90s here.  We did go to church this morning.  B wore the prettiest white smocked dress, and of course I remembered to take a pic right after I changed her.  It was so great to get to take her though!  Other than that we had some friends over and just did weekend stuff.  Oh, and B ate some popsicles...not really ate a popsicle, but we let her have a taste on her lips.  Poor girl doesn't get to taste any food, and aren't popsicles part of Summer? 

Now I have to tell on myself...you've heard of "mom brain", right?  Here's one for ya:  B's apnea monitor is a soft band that fastens with velcro around her chest.  It has a sensor on either side with tiny cords that attach to the monitor cord...she always wears gowns to sleep in so the cords can just hang out the bottom.  Well, we try not to ever wake her up...so we have a short time span to get that monitor on her (normally between 5:30pm and 7pm when she has a feeding...she usually falls asleep during her 7pm feeding and wakes up sometime between then and 11pm...I am not good for anything after 10:30pm and putting that monitor on is one of those things) and after that we are stuck in the bedroom.  We have eaten many meals lately in the bedroom.  So about a week ago my brain kicks into gear and realizes that the cords unplug!  Just put that band on her, unplug the cords, and plug them in when we are actually ready for bed!  We're not tied to the bedroom all night now.  Genius!  And it only took me 7+ weeks to come up with that!

Here's a pic of H and B from Sat night...they were propped up having a little chat:
And this one is for Ryann...isn't Mac so cute?  By the way...his full name is Big Al Mack.  It's from Hayden and my favorite morning radio show.
H is officially out of school and has 2 free weeks all Summer...this being one of them.  This is a big week though...Adam is busy at work and is going to start going into the office some.  I'm a little scared to be honest.  He will still be working from the home office most of the time.  B has an appt with the cardiologist this week.  Hayden and I are going to do that and his dentist appt alone!  He watched her while I drove us once before, but that was 3 minutes from our house...this is a lot longer.  He says he's up for the challenge though!

The new medicine is great so far.  B hasn't seemed any more sleepy than normal.  She is up to 5lb-3.5oz as of last night. Thank you all so much for your prayers!

I am really skipping around here, huh?

Your reminder to vote: 
 C

1 comment:

  1. C, it is way past my bedtime, but I just finished my book and checked the blog. Battley looks bigger and better than I've ever seen (well as much as I ever "see") her. Love the photo of Hayden and her. good luck this week with appointments.

    ReplyDelete