Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Glucose Test Round 3 and Adam T

Well, it's a good thing that my doc doesn't read this blog.  If he did he may call me back in for a little chat...how many cakes have we posted about now?  Gosh!  We really do eat real food too.

Thanks, Adam for calling me out on the speeding thing!  Just for the record...I have no tickets on my record and do not normally speed.

Speaking of Adam T, I thought I'd write something about him today.

Most people call to ask about how I'm doing, but they sometimes forget to ask about Adam.  He's been a real trooper through this pregnancy.  Here's a taste of what his day looks like right now:
(sometime between the hours of 3:30am - ) 6:30am: wake up and bring C cereal in bed
6:30am - whenever one of us leaves for work: includes helping me get my shoes on
lunch hour: normally involves running errands or starting dinner
5:30pm - bedtime: home from work; help C get shoes off...haha!; make dinner; deal with the dogs; do laundry; fetch Tums and water for C

I'm not kidding about any of that either...it's really what he does!

Just a little side story about when we were dating:  Adam loves to cook.  I do it when I need to.  When we were dating he used to come over and make dinner for H and I.  Then after dinner he would get up and clean the kitchen.  He said that if he made this big, nice dinner and then made me clean it up the only thing I would remember was cleaning it up.  Well ladies...it stuck!  I know...I know...lucky gal!  Don't get me wrong though...I definitely do my fair share of cleaning the kitchen.  I just don't have to clean up after he cooks.

A day or two ago I saw that a friend posted an invitation on Facebook to commit to 31 days of prayer for your husband.  What a great idea!  I'm stealing this with pride from her first email:

Bless your husband by praying for him! The Apostle Paul instructed all Christians to pray for one another (Ephesians 6:18). This includes wives’ responsibility and privilege to pray for their husbands. Earnest prayer for your husband is good for him, for you and the spiritual health of your home (Proverbs 31:11-12).

I am so excited to have a group of ladies to be accountable to for this for the next month.

Now for some other random thoughts and answers to questions we've been asked:

* My friend Travis made our blog banner for us.  He didn't ask what we wanted...just made it.  I love it.  Funny thing about it...there are 4 birds on it.  The painting over our mantel in the living room has 4 birds too.



* Some people have asked if we are doing a nursery for Battley.  We aren't.  If we get to the hospital and have to run out to get a car seat, baby soap, diapers, and such it will be the best emergency trip to Target ever!  Adam's mom has his bassinet and is going to bring it when she comes in March.  We told Hayden that if we get to set up a room for Battley he can pick whatever color he wants for the walls.

* I am a visual gal...can't have a blog post without pics.  So, here are 2 things my girlfriends have given Battley that I thought I would share:


Every gal needs a good pair of shoes, right?


Now Battley has a stocking to go with her brothers'.

Our gal was a wiggly girl today.  I don't think she likes where the seatbelt hits me and moves the whole time I'm in the car now.  We were in the car for a while today...I'm so thankful for that time with her.  We jammed to some classical music today.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment