Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Prayer

Back to our list of issues babies with T18 sometimes have:

*kidney malformations  HEALED
*structural heart defects  she does have a VSD but the cardiologist said it's not life threatening, so we will mark it off for now
intestines protruding outside the body
**esophageal artresia  because they have seen a stomach a few times in a row, they don't see this as being a problem 

**growth deficiency  she is still behind, but has grown more than we thought she would
feeding difficulties  MORE ON THIS ONE BELOW
breathing difficulties ...AND THIS ONE
arthrogryposis
(a muscle disorder that causes multiple joint contractures at birth)  crossing these off b/c they are purely physical
small head accompanied by a prominent back portion of the head
low-set, malformed ears
abnormally small jaw
cleft lip/cleft palette
upturned nose

narrow eyelid folds
widely spaced eyes
drooping of the upper eyelids
a short breast bone
 

**clenched hands 
**choroid plexus cysts  HEALED
underdeveloped thumbs and or nails
absent radius, webbing of the second and third toes
clubfoot or rocker bottom feet

**mother can have excess amniotic fluid  I'll be fine



That's right...Someone has been busy!

This is our specific prayer these days:
Babies with T18 have brains that basically don't tell their bodies when to breathe...at least that's the Plain English version of it.  We are praying daily/hourly/all the time for the Lord to heal her brain so that it will tell her body to breathe.


The feeding difficulties...this one is a big one too, but we can get medical intervention for this.  The doctors will insert a feeding tube if needed, but obviously we would like for her to be able to eat on her own.


Thank you for your prayers.  It's hard to ask for help sometimes, but sometimes we must.  We are humbled by the outpouring of love and support from everyone.  Now we ask that you Please pray for these 2 specific things above for Battley.  

Last night a group from church came over to pray.  It was a very moving time.  They prayed for Battley, her doctors, and us.


Sometimes fear can creep in when you least expect it.  I had a rough afternoon yesterday.  Good thing I have a sister-in-law that I can call on in such times.  She texted me scriptures that helped me to calm down and remain faithful to what has happened and what is to come.  I'll share them:


Psalms 118:
5 When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD;
   he brought me into a spacious place.
6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
   What can mere mortals do to me? 


Mark 10: 
27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

Psalms 55:
22 Cast your cares on the LORD
   and he will sustain you;
he will never let
   the righteous be shaken. 


Psalms 57:
1 Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me,
   for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
   until the disaster has passed.

 2 I cry out to God Most High,
   to God, who vindicates me.
3 He sends from heaven and saves me,
   rebuking those who hotly pursue me

Selah
   God sends forth his love and his faithfulness. 


On a lighter note...

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love having company...even the drop-in-when-you-least-expect-it kind.  I love having people spend the night, stop by to say hey, swing by on the way through town...doesn't matter...I love it.  NEWS FLASH: we are about to have an extended stay guest at the house!  I'm super excited about it, but you will have to wait to find out who it is.


Here's an old school pic just so we have a pic in the post:


C

No comments:

Post a Comment