Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lately



I passed the glucose test!  Yea for positive results and not doing that again!

When I went to take the test I had a nurse named Anne.  She was probably about 55-60.  She asked the standard questions:
When are you due?  March 30th (technically I think it's the 27th, but I quit counting weeks)
Are you having a girl or a boy? Girl
What's her name?  Battley
Are you excited?  Yes

Sometimes these questions are really easy to answer...sometimes they bring a little tear to my eyes.  When she asked she was sticking me for the 4th time that day in the same arm...I suppose it brought a red face with it that time.  I don't normally tell strangers what is going on with Battley because I don't want to make anyone feel bad for asking.  For some reason though I felt compelled to tell Mrs. Anne.

She shared with me that she lost her son when he was 2 days old.  We hugged and cried together.  It's a bond you don't want to share with anyone.  Then she got her friend Elise and they both prayed for Battley.

If you have a few minutes today or an extra line on your prayer list, please say a prayer for Mrs. Anne...even though she lost her son probably 30 years ago I could tell she still hurts.


Here is a taste of what's been going on around here:

Lots of this stuff...




Hayden killed a deer...no graphic shots here...a few weeks ago.  One of my dad's clients made this for him with the horns:




He hung it in his room today.  Zeke isn't too sure he likes it and has been barking at it all day.  Adam just told me to add this part: he isn't missing horns on one side...he has a large drop tyne, which is rare.

Adam has been up late at night doing a lot of this:



He loves a good project.  This is beef deer jerky.  It's not too bad.

We have been staying home more at night lately.  Maybe partly because it's dark so early and feels later than it is, but mostly because we are really thankful for our time together right now.  I've noticed that the past few months we have taken major inventory of all our commitments and scaled back on quite a bit.  It feels good.  We can look at our calendars (well, I can...Adam doesn't have one, but that's another story...haha!) and have more than zero or one night home every week.  It feels good to eat dinner somewhere besides over the sink or in the car running to the next thing.  A good friend of mine emailed me this week and said she was trying to scale back too.  I hope that if you are reading this that you can catch a few extra nights at home together soon too.

It's a lazy weekend around here.  We are just now getting the last of our Christmas decorations put away.  It didn't even bother me this year that they sat around a little extra time.

Happy Weekend,
C

1 comment:

  1. Catherine,

    Please know that we are praying for your precious little girl Battley. We are praying that God would heal her and make her stronger. We also are praying for you, Adam, and Hayden. Thank you for sharing your journey so openly.

    In Christ,

    Courtney Jones

    ReplyDelete