Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Randomness

There is really no point to this blog post...just an update I suppose.  

The past few days I've been forgetting simple words that normally come naturally.  I've also forgotten a few names.  Adam makes fun of me remembering names, but I swear if I hear a person's name one time I will always remember it...not lately!  So if I've seen you lately and sounded like a Jeff Foxworthy bit, please forgive me...my English ain't so good right now!

Other than forgetfulness I feel okay...just tired.

Spring Break is next week.  We aren't doing anything this year.  I'll be working, and hopefully my trusty helper will want to work a few days with me.  It's so nice to have someone help carry heavy stuff!  I'm talking about Hayden this time...not Zeke.  That will be the last full week I work.

Hayden decided to run the St Paddy's 5k this year!  It's to benefit Blair Batson Children's Hospital (where we saw cardiologist for Battley).  He's getting all geared up for that. 

Have you read this?

Hayden had to read it in school this year so I read it too.  It's a good read...the first sci-fiction book I've ever read and liked.  We have been waiting on the movie to come out and were planning on going to the midnight showing just for a fun experience.  It comes out on March 23...the day after Battley will be born.  I don't think we will make it to this one.  Oh well!

Here's a sneak peak of the bedroom plans..so far we have painted and hung the curtains...


And something we got for Battley last week:

My friend Kristina suggested we get her a woobie...did I spell that right?  Now she will have something soft in the NICU and know what we smell like when we aren't there.

You will notice both pics have my belly in the corner.  Adam and I do this all the time...take pics and send them to each other during the day.  Every time we see something funny we do it.  Most of them involve the pugs, which I'm sure we are the only ones that think they are funny:

These were from today:

One year for Christmas we went to Georgia and I made Adam and H stop at the cabbage patch factory Babyland.  (Adam just corrected me!)  They weren't happy.  It was just something to do to say we had done it.  It was fun to see them squirm too.  Anyways, I saw this on TV today...these people "raise" cabbage patch kids and were having a "play date".  I texted Adam to see if he needed a new hobby.

He texted back that his new hobby was going to be selling chicken nuggets of famous faces...this lady sold one on eBay for thousands.

I know...I know...dorks!  At least we think we are funny.

I've said this a few times lately, but I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine.  

Oh, and back to the Secret Target for those of you wondering.  My girlfriend, Totty...what a fun name, right?  Totty is a sales rep in Virginia.  She told me about Secret Target a few years ago...I've been loving it ever since!  Targets don't all get the same merchandise.  So if you are like me and travel to different cities with other Targets you can find things your local one doesn't have!

March 22, 2012.  That will be Battley's birthday!  It's kind of surreal that it's March already.  I wouldn't say we are ready now, but I think that in 2 weeks we will be.  

Thank you to everyone who reads our blog...we appreciate all of your support, kind words, and most importantly your prayers!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment