Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Countdown

I never leave home without these 2 guys:

(work calendar and phone with personal calendar)

We have about 4 weeks left until Battley arrives!  To be honest Adam and I are both having a little bit of anxiety.  Since you already know I'm a list maker, you should also know I'm a big planner...not the kind that can't roll with some changes, but just the kind that needs a plan.  I get nervous if I don't have one.  Can you sense where this is heading?

We have a birth plan, have met with all the doctors, visited the hospital, etc...BUT now we just have to wait and see what God's plan is.  It may be totally different than ours.

1 Peter 5:6-11
 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

I am going to work on this some more this week.  It's tough.  I've been waking up about 3am again lately and can't stop thinking about things like this:


Germ-x and hand soap!  Not what you want to be thinking about at 3am!!

and so it goes...If we are able to bring her home, how are we going to make sure everyone washes their hands well enough?

Then sanity kicks in and I remember to focus on enjoying every moment we have.

So those are my projects for the next few days/weeks:
* stop being anxious and trust that God has a better plan than we do
* focus on enjoying every minute
* get a full nights sleep...ha!

We have another doctor's appointment on Monday.  We will have an ultrasound this time which means we get to see if she's gained any weight!!  Our prayers are still:
* for her heart to heal on it's own
* she is able to breathe on her own
* she has the suck/swallow reflex and can eat on her own without a tube

We appreciate all the prayers from everyone.  It's amazing to hear how people from all over are praying for our sweet gal!  I've said this before and I'll say it again...there really is no greater gift you could give us than praying for Battley!  Thank YOU!

...and let's end with something FUN!  I found this at the Lodge...it's a preemie size!  I couldn't help myself!

C

PS - keep reading...Adam posted something after I did, but his is showing below this one.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine,

    I've been thinking about you alot lately! Thanks for keeping up the blog; I really enjoy reading it!

    Courtney Jones

    ReplyDelete