Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cravings

Since I got pregnant I've been drinking mostly water.  When I want to spice it up I throw in a lemon.





A few months in I started to have a craving for a drink I couldn't describe.  I knew it was cold and red, but that was all I knew.  Sounds crazy, huh? 

Well, Adam T was on the hunt for whatever it was.  Late one night a few months ago he thought it might be a slushie so he went out and got every flavor that sounded good. 




That wasn't it though. 

Since we were celebrating my Dad's birthday last night I decided I wanted a festive drink so a Shirley Temple came to mind.  Adam Googled how to make one...we found 3 ways.  We rounded up all the ingredients and had a taste testing.  FINALLY...after months of looking I found my drink!



Shirley Temple (the original):
2 parts Ginger Ale
1 part orange juice
a splash of grenadine
garnished with a maraschino cherry

Shirley Temple (take 2):
equal parts Ginger Ale and lemon-lime soda
a splash of grenadine

garnished with a maraschino cherry

Shirley Temple (my fave):
lemon-lime soda
a splash of grenadine
garnished with a maraschino cherry

We had a nice, relaxing weekend.  I've got a very exciting post coming that I'm almost finished with...stay tuned.

C

PS- I do not understand the line breaks in this thing so I apologize for the random spacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment