Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good Words

These past few days have been...hmmm, I'm not sure how to describe them.  I was reading a post from one of my favorite designer blogs, and it pretty much sums up how I feel right now.  Here are her words:

"A client friend once told us a story about a time she could not form a sentence.  She was a week or so postpartum and was attempting to have a very basic conversation with her husband.  She couldn’t put words together to make any sense at all.  This tends to happen when you have a lot going on.  All that would come from her mouth was, “my words are not good.”  We love that line so much we use it daily.  Our client actually sent us this quote framed in a pretty little silver frame for Christmas and there are many days that I’m tempted to strap it to a sweatband and wear it on my forehead."
-from Erika at Urban Grace (blog.urbangrace.com)
If you are looking for some design inspiration, some beautiful photos, or randomness; her blog is inspiring.

So, please forgive me...my words are not good!

***

Here's a quick recap of the past few days:
* We missed Adam's brother's retirement ceremony from the Navy.  It was in Virginia, which is too far for us to travel right now.  We are super proud of him and thankful for his service!  Here is a pic of him from the last big shindig of his we were able to attend...he was the Chief Engineer of the USS George HW Bush at the time:



* Over the weekend someone slept a lot; the other 2 did some yard work

* We found out who tied Zeke up!  2 boys in our neighborhood...what great neighbors they are!  I stopped by their houses with a little happy yesterday for saving Zeke.  Get this...I was talking to one of the boys' moms and she is the head of one of the NICUs in town!  She offered her assistance if we need it when we get home!

* Someone wrote some not-so-kind things on Adam's truck with a key on Sunday night...they also drew a nice little picture for him to drive around with...add that to the list of things to fix!

* Our doctor's appointment was great!  Adam updated the stats earlier.  We are so thankful for all the prayers...God is obviously working!  Dr G made a comment last week that was almost lost on me, but he made it again yesterday so I know I wasn't hearing things.  He said he thinks we are going to be able to bring Battley home!  Yessir...you read that right!  Please keep praying for those same things for her: her breathing, eating, and her heart to heal!

* Remember the list of things a pregnant woman should never do?  Let me remind you:

Pregnant women should NOT make major decisions like:
Deciding to renovate anything
Cutting your hair off
Getting a puppy did it

What better idea than to embark on another one a few weeks before your due date?  Haha!  We are redoing our bedroom right now...not really a renovation, but probably not my brightest idea!

* Mac was happy to come home...hasn't missed a beat!



* I thought I was going to do a little less work these last few weeks...at least that was my plan.  Last week was one of my busiest weeks in a long time.  My office car was getting a little out of control, so I had a little clean out party.  You wouldn't believe what I found in there!  I normally clean it out every 2 weeks and take it to get detailed.  Now, if you know me you know I can be kinda cheap frugal about some things...having my car detailed is one of those things.  Luckily I have a secret detail place...I also have a secret Target, but I'll have to save that one for later.  My detail place washes and details for $36.00...worth every penny!

This is a basket that sits in the back seat...it's really for pens, paper, give-away type stuff, etc but had become a catch all for cups, the AV cord, random trash...


Check out what I found in there:



Adam Someone had been accusing Hayden someone else of stealing the scissors for weeks!  Mystery solved!  It was apparently me!

* You may remember me posting a while back about a couple our doctor wanted to introduce us to.  I have been having coffee with her, Kristina, for a while now.  Kristina's daughter Layne was born with T18 and spent a few wonderful weeks with her family at home.  Layne is in Heaven with Jesus now.  Kristina has been a huge inspiration and wealth of information for me.

Last week when we were having coffee she told me about a first time Momma whose daughter has just been diagnosed with T18.  She is about 20 weeks along.  Her name is Amy.  Her daughter has some extra complications that Battley doesn't have and they are on a mission to find answers.  Please add Amy's name to your prayer list.  I am praying that she will find answers to her questions and the peace that only Christ can provide.

Phillipians 4:
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

* Hayden's first tennis match was supposed to be today.  It got rained out...bummer! He's in 7th grade and plays for the High School team...such a proud Momma.  Here he is all dressed and ready to go to school:


C

No comments:

Post a Comment